Leathercraft Course | Bags
We use traditional leathercraft techniques (e.g., hand cutting, stitching & burnishing methods) and make our leather goods in our London studio.
The leathercraft course is made for anyone who is interested in learning leathercraft or wants to make a beautiful handbag for special occasion.
During the course, you will learn essential concept of the leathercraft and practice the skills while you work on your project. You will be able to design and make your own products after the course.
In the first two sessions, you will work on small leather items (e.g., mouse pad, keychain & card wallet etc.) to practice leathercraft skills. And you will focus on bag making for the rest of sessions. You will select from one of the bag designs including tote bag, crossbody bag and bucket bag. You will also have your initials/names stamped on your final pieces.
- In-person classes
- 8 weeks, 3 hours per session. Dates/Times can be discussed.
- Price includes all materials and tools.
- Including our leathercraft tools
- Price £470
What you will take away:
- Leather items completed by yourself
- Knowledge of materials and tools
What you will learn:
- Learn different types of leathers and handcrafting tools
- How to work with design patterns
- How to hand-cut leathers
- How to hand stitch leathers using saddle stitching method (You will use two needles)
- How to hand-make punching holes on leather
- How to assemble fittings and fixtures for the leather
- How to make top handles for bags
- how to make gussets for bags
- how to make D-ring straps
- How to position fixtures on patterns
- How to hand-make shoulder straps
- How to burnish leather edges professionally
- How to hand stamp texts and numbers
How to book
Please contact us and enquire next available sessions to book with us.
Please kindly note that the image may not reflect actual leathers you use.
Please also read our COVID19 guide before joining our classes.